Verify U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
The Cooperman College Scholars program is only able to admit students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We ask that applicants upload a photocopy of one of the following documents to their application:
- The student’s birth certificate showing that he or she was born in the United States, which includes Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swain’s Island, or the Northern Mariana Islands.
- A U.S. passport, current or expired
- A copy of U.S. State Department Form FS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad), FS- 545 (Certificate of birth issued by a foreign service post), or DS- 1350 (Certification of Report of
- A Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561), issued by USCIS to individuals who derive U.S.citizenship through a parent.
- A Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570), issued by USCIS through a federal or state court, or through administrative naturalization after December 1990 to those who are individually naturalized.
- Permanent Resident Card or Resident Alien Card (Form I-551, aka Green Card).
- Arrival/Departure Record (Form I-94) with appropriate endorsements.